Re: Oracle Names

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

Joe Kazimierczyk wrote:

> S S Wan wrote:
>
> > I'm trying Oracle Names on Oracle v7.3.2 with a database as the repository.
> > I want to configure it so that even if the database is down, Names can still
> > be
>
> I'm also trying to setup Oracle Names, and ran into the same problem.
> Oracle's technical support confirms what you found: that it's not really
> automatic
> as the manuals imply, but need an extra command in to force it to read the
> checkpoint files. Seems that Names should handle this better....

One other annoying thing: once you force Names to start from it's checkpoint files, it will never try to read from the database again. So, you need to remember (or write a procedure) to restart it from the database once it's available again.

Joe Kazimierczyk
kazimiej_at_bms.com Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST