Re: Oracle Names

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

S S Wan wrote:

> I'm trying Oracle Names on Oracle v7.3.2 with a database as the repository.
> I want to configure it so that even if the database is down, Names can still
> be
> started up. The manuals seem to tell that it is done AUTOMATICALLY when
> checkpoint file is used.
>
> However, I've tried it and it is not the case! I must manually add one more
> key
> in the names.ora and restart to use the checkpoint file. Does it really work
> as
> the manuals described, or is this human invention unavoidable?

I'm also trying to setup Oracle Names, and ran into the same problem. Oracle's technical support confirms what you found: that it's not really automatic
as the manuals imply, but need an extra command in to force it to read the checkpoint files. Seems that Names should handle this better....

Joe Kazimierczyk
kazimiej_at_bms.com Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST