Re: Oracle Workgroup Server licensing

From: Luis Moreno Campos <lcampos_at_cpcis.pt>
Date: 1997/10/28

The thing is: In Oracle Workgroup Server you have to license minimum 5 users, in Enterprise Server you have to license minimum 8 users. There are no connection restrictions, you do it by concurrent point of processing (each desktop). The reason why Workgroup is so damn cheaper than Enterprise, is actually two reasons: Technical and Comercial. The technical reason is that you can't add options (like paralell option, advanced replication option, etc...). The comercial reason is because Oracle wants to have a slice of the lower market.

Hope this helped you. You can share your experiences anytime to lcampos_at_cpcis.pt

Good Luck.