Re: Oracle Web Server & REMOTE_USER

From: Asad Rustum <asad_at_online.bonnier.se>
Date: 1997/10/25

Colin.Schofield_at_datacraft.com.au wrote:

> I'm using Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 and I've setup
> a page in a PL/SQL virtual directory which is protected
> by BASIC HTML authentication...
>
> The authentication window comes up fine when I access the page,
> but when I try to get the REMOTE_USER CGI environment variable
> using PL/SQL:
>
> userName := owa_util.get_cgi_env('REMOTE_USER');
>
> I get nothing :(
> Using the same code I can get other CGI vars (like REMOTE_HOST)
>
> What could be wrong?

I'm experiencing the same problem. Getting the variable (REMOTE_USER) through a cgi-perl-script is no problem so I'm inclined to think that this is either a bug in the PL/SQL cartridge or in the owa_util package. I've just recently posted to this group, a couple of mailing lists and of course to Oracle support.

I'll post any answers I get to this group.

Regards,

Asad Rustum
Bonnier Online
asad_at_online.bonnier.se Received on Sat Oct 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT