Oracle Web Server & REMOTE_USER

From: <Colin.Schofield_at_datacraft.com.au>
Date: 1997/10/15

I'm using Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 and I've setup a page in a PL/SQL virtual directory which is protected by BASIC HTML authentication...

The authentication window comes up fine when I access the page, but when I try to get the REMOTE_USER CGI environment variable using PL/SQL:

userName := owa_util.get_cgi_env('REMOTE_USER');

I get nothing :(
Using the same code I can get other CGI vars (like REMOTE_HOST)

What could be wrong?

Colin