Q: Purchasing Oracle Workgroup Server

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

I would like to buy Oracle Worgroup Server, which I believe is the cheapest version of Oracle that I can buy for Solaris 2.5.1 x86.

Is this correct?

What is the latest version availabe for x86? 7.x or 8.x? If I buy 7.x, do I get a free upgrade to 8.x? Because if 8.x is not available yet, I don't want to have to wait.

I definitely cannot buy for Sparc, right? It's a different architecture.

I was told $1500 for thisproduct. Is that right? Is there is a discount for Graduate Students if I purchase through a University?

--
If you have a condom and sunscreen SPF 15 or greater, than it's safe to look at