Re: Q: Purchasing Oracle Workgroup Server

From: Jan Andersen <root_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: 1997/10/16

Gary Assa wrote:

> I would like to buy Oracle Worgroup Server, which I believe is the cheapest
> version of Oracle that I can buy for Solaris 2.5.1 x86.
>
> Is this correct?

I don't know about Solaris for Intel CPUs - however it is perfectly possible to run Oracle for SCO 5.04 on Linux via iBCS - maybe Solaris has iBCS?

About prices - there is a product called 'Personal Oracle', which is available for Windoze and OS/2 - and maybe even a real OS like Solaris. This product is considerably cheaper and can do almost as much as a big Oracle.

/jan

- while you're here, why not take a look
at a href="http://www.image.dk/~jan_p_a

If you want to reply to me, my electronic
address is ndjan and the server part of it
is nord-data-detail.dk. Or you can use
jan_p_a with server part = image.dk

This rather 'circumvented' explanation is
meant to avoid automatic spammers that
browse the news groups. I hope it works