Re: Trace files

From: Ekkehard Schulz <schulz_e_at_bln.sel.alcatel.de>
Date: 1997/10/23

Someone <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca> writes:

>Hello all, my wife's due today and here I am reading Oracle news groups,
>fun eh?

>Anyway, I'm running Oracle 7.3.3.3 on an HP-UX 10.20 box and I've noted
>that there are trace files generated periodically by the various
>processes. No matter the process the error is always the same:

>Recieved Unhandled Signal: 15, code=0
>Terminating.

>It doesn't happen very often but it's the only message I've ever seen in
>any of the trace files (on 3 different machines and instances). It's
>not affecting the operation of Oracle or the server in any obvious way
>but I'm curious to know if anyone knows what this message is from
>(likely an Unix OS message?)?

I've seen the same messages. The reason is a reboot of your system. As far as I know, there are two possibilties to restart the system. 1. reboot - sends SIGINT (2) and SIGTERM (15) to each process 2. shutdown -r - calls all K scripts in /sbin/rcX.d to stop any program

                 regulary.

In former versions of Oracle the SIGTERM was not written to trace files. That's is my explanation.

Regards Ekkehard

--
Ekkehard Schulz, Alcatel SEL AG Berlin, Department VB/EF
Colditzstrasse 34-36, D 12099 Berlin, Germany