Re: DDL in Dynamic PL/SQL (roles are not enabled)

From: Tao Fan <fant_at_jps.net>
Date: 1997/10/22

Thomas,

I have encountered the same problem before writing a procedure to kill session processes. Having the DBA role alone is not sufficient. For some of the action you do with procedures, you need to grant the (even a DBA) user the privilege explicitly. So what I did was I explicitly granted that user who owns the kill procedure "Alter System" & "Alter session" privilege, and the procedure worked. In your case you probably have to grant the DBA user "create table" privilege explicitly. Try it out and see what happen.

Also if I remember correctly, I don't think you need to do an DBMS_SQL.execute if you are doing a DDL statement because the PARSE implicitly execute the statement as soon as you call it.

Hope that helps.

Tao

--
When reply, please