Stored Procedures

From: David Bingham <binghamd_at_galltd.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/22

Hi,

I am using VB4 with RDO and the Intersolv Oracle ODBC Driver to access an Oracle7 Database.

I am attempting to call an Oracle Stored Procedure with a parameter from my VB application using the following code :-

    1	Criteria = "{CALL P_PROCEDURE(?)}"
    2	Set PS = PDdbase.CreatePreparedStatement("", Criteria)
    3	PS.rdoParameters(0) = "X"
    4	PS.Execute

Is this the correct approach, as I experience a problem whenever I call the PUBLIC SYNONYM for the Procedure (RUNTIME ERROR 40054 - "An invalid parameter was passed", on line 3 of the above code). However, this very same code works fine if I make the call to the actual Stored Procedure and not its SYNONYM.

I can call a Stored Procedure using its PUBLIC SYNONYM, if there are NO PARAMETERS present.

Can anyone shine any light on this problem. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

--
DJB