ORACLE

From: FIREWALL <ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/10/23

I have a file which I have FTP from AS-400 in ASCII format having the following format:

NAME				-	x(10)
ADDRESS			-	x(30)
SALARY			-	99999
PERFORMANCE INDEX		-	999A
DATE_CREATE                          	-	YYYYMMDD

For the fieldname NAME, ADDRESS AND DATE, I have no problem during transmission because DATE was able to formated from YYYYMMDD into DD-MON-YY as in ORACLE format during the write process. However I have big problem when transmitting SALARY and PERFORMANCE INDEX.

Over at ORACLE end I need the Salary to be stored as 999.99 instead of 99999.

Which means the last to values of SALARY must be decimal. I used DECIMAL EXTERNAL and tried formating it using the same technique as DATE formating but it did not work and the data from AS400 was loaded as 99999.

As for PERFORMANCE INDEX, the value send over from AS-400 was 3.12P. This means minus 3.12. The minus is interpreted as P during the FTP.

I want at the oracle end to be -3.12 loaded into the database. Even if the value is 3.12-, ORACLE does not recognise this value as negative.

Please help me as I is urgent.

Thank you.

Please email me at ubsram_at_pacific.net.sg Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT