Webserver 2.1 (on NT) and Networkfilesystems

From: Anja Moessbauer <befana_at_augusta.de>
Date: 1997/10/21

Hi,
can Webserver map to Networkfilesystems ? I have install a fixed Networkfilesystem to Drive E: , local it works fine.
But Webserver-Listener do not start with a map to this Drive, why ?

My Problem is: (company intern - no comercial) The Webserver is on NT, the Images I would browse on a AIX-Workstation.
First I try to write a Javaprogram, whos called from the Webserver, to transfer the Image I need with FTP. Because the FTPClient in Java do not Work (security), I called a simply BATCH-Program from Java to make the FTP, and test with Java if transfer o.k. Summery:
1. OWA-PL/SQL procedure: Imagesearch - Accounting - Relocate to Java-WRB
2. Java - Batchprogramm - Relocate to Image

I know its difficulty -
It works ! 3 or 4 times in order - but then Listener (WRB?) hanging. I had to restart the NT. I do not knows where the Error is, perhaps Webserver , perhaps IE

If I only use the Batchprogram to transfer as a CGI - all works best, but I can't Test the FTP-Session.
Summery 2:
1. OWA-PL/SQL lprocedure: Imagesearch - Accounting - Relocate to CGI 2. Batchprogramm - Relocate to Image

I wouldn't like to do a ftp://... because then I can't Account. And I must open my archiv for the anonymus.

Can someone say me a solution.

I'm sorry about my bad english.
Thanks Anja Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT