Re: Oracle on NT issues

From: Joseph D. Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

Mario wrote:

> My opinion is that NT's only advantage is
> its simplicity ( compared with UNIX ).
> For any serious use I would prefer UNIX.
> It is faster and more stable. Both variants
> were tested at ORACLE Croatia on the
> same hardware. Guys there told me that
> UNIX was faster 70% - 200%.
>
> Mario SImic
> Project Manager
> IN2 d.o.o. ( http://alf.tel.hr/in2/ )
> Zagreb, Croatia

Somehow I have to agree .
 If I have the same hardware that can run both NT and UNIX and Oracle. I would also prefer Unix.

 I have five year of experience on UNIX Oracle and two year with NT Oracle ( on several projects) as a DBA , ( but I have also been a Microsoft buff when assembly language was still so pupular and CPM was still alive ) .. So I can't help but compare ...
But again this is just my opinion ...

   But somehow , I know that NT will also cope up with this since Microsoft and Oracle are really continuously improving their products and NT is a very popular product.

   So what ever you choose as the platform , I feel you wouldn't be left out in the dark .

The opinions expressed above are of my own and doesn't reflect the opinions of any of my client companies or my employer . Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT