Re: ORAWIN95

From: Jason Seaton <jason_at_cmcinc.net>
Date: 1997/10/21

Tor Emil Olsen wrote:

> Jason Seaton wrote:
>
> > Hi, I recently downloaded the trial version of Oracle8 for Win32 and am
> > having problems gettings started (I am a FoxPro person and am new to
> > Oracle, just want to get a feel for it). Basically, I installed just
> > about everything that it came with(300+ megs) and everyone of the
> > programs that I start up asks you for a username and password before
> > they let you do anything. My question is, how do I create accounts and
> > databases in order to use all of these utilities. An overall run-down
> > on the steps to be able to run SQL code on a database that I create
> > would be really appreciated, thanks.
>
> Got the same problem when I started using Oracle. The biggest problem was
> the password on "SYS" and "SYSTEM" users. How to find them. They come with
> a standard password "SYS" pw is "change_on_install" and "SYSTEM" pw is
> "manager"

> Name: vcard.vcf
> Part 1.2 Type: text/x-vcard
> Encoding: 7bit

I've received numerous replies to my situation, all of which I appreciate greatly but none have worked for me so far. Every program that I run asks for a login and NONE of the usernames and passwords people have been suggesting have worked, is there something else I am missing here? Thanks.

--
Jason Seaton
CMC, Inc.