Oracle7 on IBM MVS - Success stories or failures?

From: Jan Rypdal <jrypdal_at_online.no>
Date: 1997/10/18

I am currently involved with an installation planning to run the Oracle Financial Application on Oracle7 for IBM MVS. Planned number of concurrent users
> 1,000, potential total number of users approx. 3-4,000.

Testing so far seems to reveal that Oracle is not really comfortable on the MVS platform, so we are contemplating to move it to a Unix platform or to front-end the database server.

Anybody out there running Oracle7 on MVS successfully? - Oracle Financials on MVS?
- Number of concurrent users on MVS?

Any failures?
How did you solve the problem?

TIA,
Jan Rypdal
Enterprise Architecture As Received on Sat Oct 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT