Recovery Question

From: John Steinbach <bach_at_bartlett.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

In the Backup & recovery class that Oracle offers we were taught to recover a single (deleted) table by :

  1. Backing up current database.
  2. Taking the current database off-line.
  3. Restore from a backup.
  4. Recover to point before deletion.
  5. Export table in question.
  6. Reinstate current database.
  7. Import table in question.

Obviously we can't take the production database down to recover a single table.
Do you guys use a different instance to restore/recover to or what???

John Steinbach Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT