Re: Changing IP Address

From: Someone <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1997/10/16

But if the clients that connect to your database use IP addresses for SQL-net connections (ie. You do not have DNS services within your organization and/or are your clients NT machines with a Hosts file, then you'll hafta go around and reconfigure SQL-net for the new address. Use Easy Config (most likely on the client machines still when SQL-net was installed) to modify the service name you are connecting to, there will be a place to change the IP address.