Re: Changing IP Address

From: Joseph D. Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

BobThorp wrote:

> I have to change the IP address of the SUN machine hosting our 7.3
> Oracle database. Can anyone tell me what changes I will have to make to
> what files to keep things running? I am far from an Oracle guru so any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Bob Thorp
> BThorp_at_ix.netcom.com

Check the sqlnet.ora and the listener.ora on each client you have , If they are using the IP address or the host name .

If they are using the host name then you can make the changes , if not then you have to synchronize all this files with the new IP address ....

Good luck ! Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT