Re: Configuring SQlNet for Personal Oracle

From: Greg Teets <teetshd_at_email.uc.edu>
Date: 1997/10/14

I have a trial copy of Personal Oracle7 which runs on my Win95 machine. Usually I connect to it with a connection string of '2:' if I were to use Oracle Forms.

Could you explain to me how to connect to it via the BDE or any other way with C++?

I've gotten a lot of confusion from other sources. Such questions as do you need ODBC to connect on it locally seems to get a different answer every time I ask some one. Idon't think you need it but how does the C++ app know where to look?

Where does Personal Oracle fit in?

I use Oracle a lot at work but in a UNIX environment.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

On 10 Oct 1997 05:33:22 GMT, "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:

>Judith Shepherd <shepherd_at_westnet.com> wrote in article
><343D93BD.301F4EE5_at_westnet.com>...
>
>> When I open Daemon Manager, In the Configuration Parameter for the
>> Listener address says "Not Found"

 <snip>