Re: Accessing non-ORCL instance from SQLNet

From: Jeff Gentry <jlgentry_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/11

Dick,

There are two ways to configure SQL*Net to communicate with a new database.  Neither of them happen automatically.

First, if you have been around since before Oracle Network Manager you probably will just edit the listener.ora file to add a new database to the configuration.

Second (preferred), use Oracle Network Manager on the server to 'Create Database', which actually alters listener.ora to allow communication with a database.

Don't forget to restart or reload your listener with lsnrctl once the configuration changes are made.

--
Regards,

Jeff Gentry                              Carpe Diem!!!
Computer Systems Authority   Systems Consultant
Mailto:jgentry_at_csac.com        Mailto:jlgentry_at_worldnet.att.net

Dick Willis <rmw_at_synchrony.com> wrote in article
<01bcd4e4$1f7c40c0$0600a8c0_at_rmw>...