Re: Accessing non-ORCL instance from SQLNet

From: Dick Willis <rmw_at_synchrony.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

I'm going to answer my own question. The problem wasn't in the tnsnames.ora file, as several kind posters thought, but in the listener.ora file on the server side. The XABC instance was not included in the SID list; only the ORCL instance was. Which leads me to the question:

What creates the listener.ora file and why didn't my new instance have an entry? Received on Thu Oct 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT