Re: Some Oracle8 Questions

From: Jim Robertson <jroberts_at_ees.enron.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

The workaround suggested by Oracle is to preference the synonym with PUBLIC.synonym_name . I'm not sure if this is a bug with the RDBMS or just sql*plus, but its supposed to be fixed with 8.0.4 (due about the end of 97)

Robert Cordingley <cord_at_ragesoft.NOSPAMMERZ.com> wrote in article <343652ae.1615890_at_news>...

 wrote:
> >On 2 Oct 1997 13:28:16 GMT, "Greg Westendorf"
> ><westendorf_at_nospamcp-consulting.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>I'm looking into Oracle8 compatibility with our current Oracle 7.3 for
 NT
> >>database. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.
> >>read about LOBs (Large Binary Objects) and wondered if Oracle8 still
> >>supports the Long Raw datatype. We have several tables using Long Raw
 and

> >Yes they are still supported, no datatypes have been removed. LONGS and
 LONG
> >RAWS are still supported in the same manner as before.
> >
> >>a change in that data type translates to a change in the VB code.
> >>Also, is there any problem with Net8 connectivity? Is it compatible
 with
> >>16-bit VB/Access programs?
> >>In general are there any pitfalls or horror stories I should know
 about?

> >Net8 is backwards compatible with sqlnet2. The Net8 listener will
 accept
> >sql*net 2 client connections.
> >
> >>TIA
> >>greg
> >

> >Thomas Kyte
> >tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> >Oracle Government
> >Bethesda MD
> >
> >http://govt.us.oracle.com/ -- downloadable utilities

 -
> >Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
 Corporation