Privileges of DBMS_SQL in a stored procedure

From: Michael Cretan <mcretan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1997/10/03

Hi,

I have created a procedure that creates views in a schema. It does this by extracting the view definitions from tables into a varchar2 field, and then calls the dbms_sql package to create the view.

Whilst the PL/SQL works quite happily when executed at the sql prompt, when I store it in the database as a procedure and execute it, I get insufficient privilege errors being raised by the DBMS_SQL package.

This strikes me as a little strange as the procedure is stored in the same schema as the views, and their underlying base tables. DBMS_SQL is supposed to inherit the privileges of the schema where the procedure is stored.

Has anyone had this problem, and maybe found a workaround for it ?

We are running Oracle v7.3.2.3.0 on and AIX box.

Thanks,

Mike Cretan Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT