Re: DBA exams

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_nospameastman.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

Vsevolod Afanasjev <afanasjev_at_cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote in article <34338CB3.20B7_at_cse.unsw.edu.au>...
> There are several ways to get the sample questions:
> 1. Advanced Oracle Tuning and Administration book
> which gives 137 questions and answers with explanations.
> Questions are flawless.

I have the book mentioned above and I have problems/questions about two of the questions listed.

Question #3 - What is the default password for the SQL*Net V2 Listener? Answer - LISTENER

	This answere depends on the platform you are on. On NT the password
defaults to                         ORACLE as stated on page 3-36 of the
Oracle7 Server (Workgroup) Oracle Network                         Products
Getting Started.

Question #77 - Which of the following is NOT an option for ORASRV?

	The choices and correct answer are of no consequence here. My problem with
this 	question deals more with the fact that I have not had to manage
SQL*Net V1. All of my 	Oracle installs have had SQL*Net V2 provided. Am I
also supposed to know all of the  	differences between all of the various
Oracle7 versions?

Other than these two I also found the questions beneficial, although not quite flawless.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Oracle and OracleRdb Database Administrator