Re: creating a database

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1997/09/23

Pete Desnoyers wrote:

> What would be considered the average length of time to create a
> database? The reason I ask is that I issued the create database command
> and all the files have been created; however, the command seems to be
> hanging.
>
> Oracle: 7.3.2
> OS: DEC UNIX 3.2
>
> --
> http://jerry.engrs.infi.net

It depends on how many datafiles you are creating and of what size. On an average, a database consisting of 5 datafiles each of 100M would take around 15-20 minutes. The command could have hung because of something else, which seems to be the case. So just make sure that your create database script is OK. and try ruuning it again after dropping the database and deleting all the OS files.

amit
Oracle DBA/Unix SA Received on Tue Sep 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT