Re: creating a database

From: Mageshwar Sivagnanam <magesh_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/09/23

Pete Desnoyers wrote:

> What would be considered the average length of time to create a
about half a day for an average sized database (system tablespace ~ 40M; tools ~ 15M) etc... atleast, it took me that much of time on my DEC OSF 3.2, when i did a couple of months back.

nothing longer than that, if u r ought to create a straight forward database. it could be longer, if u r creating more tablespaces, that span several disks, the datafiles being larger in size, etc...

hope this info helps.

br,
magesh. Received on Tue Sep 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT