Re: Hanging wrb processes (Webserver)

From: Dan Saunders <saunders_at_uidaho.edu>
Date: 1997/09/19

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:42:50 +0000, Enrique Chinen <echinen_at_ts.com.pe> wrote:

>Kees van 't Hoff wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A while ago there was some talk on wrb processes that did not
>> ternminate on this list as far I remember.
>>

>Hello
>
>I had this problem under NT using Web Server version 2.1.1 , the only
>"solution" was to use CGI's and not use WRB
>
>The same problem happens under Solaris, you can turn back to CGI's or
>run a cron script to kill that processes
>
>Regards

If this is the problem of a WRB process hanging when someone hits STOP, BACK, or RELOAD on their web browser, then Oracle has a patch for it. For NT, there is a patch that you can download with the web server 2.1 package. We have been using it for a while now with no problems.

One note though. You must use the PROCESS setting instead of THREAD on the web request broker settings page.

Dan Saunders Received on Fri Sep 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT