ORACLE JDBC THIN DRIVER PROBLEM

From: Tony Pavlov <pavlov_at_pop.pitt.edu>
Date: 1997/09/18

Hi,

I just downloaded ORACLE JDBC THIN Driver.

The ORACLE Connection Manager is running on my NT Web Server port: 1610.

When I run the JDBCAPPLET sample hopping to get connected to my Oracle Server I get:

Loading JDBC driver oracle.jdbc.dnlddriver.OracleDriver Connecting to jdbc:oracle:dnldthin:pavlov/password_at_pavlov:1521:mars security.Couldn't connect to 'pavlov' with origin from '150.212.30.50'.

Do I need to use another connection string like address_list to describe the web and
oracle server hosts?

Used: JDK 1.0.2 and ORACLE JDBC Classes102.zip.

Thanks,

Tony Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT