Re: Where can I found a script for deleting column from table?

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_blah.blah>
Date: 1997/09/14

--------------08017A9D5BFC4FC6B8CB63B1

> On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:48:44 -0700, Phil Bradley
> <pbradley_at_pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> >Why not use ALTER table DROP column?

Hey Phil, if ur gonna post information to help people would you mind posting accurate info. Alot of people that read this newsgroup are new to oracle and those of us who use oracle on a daily basis dont appreciate those who steer the newbies into the void of bogus data.

thanx, joe

PS: there DONT exist a way to drop a column short of renaming the table, re-creating it without the column and doing the PK, FK, and other constraints as well as at a minimum recompiling procs/packages/functions/triggers that touch that table.

joe

****NOTE REPLACE THE blah.blah in the Email addy with scioto.net, sorry but am tired of spam.
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator Are you looking for Oracle DBA in Central Ohio, but only want one for some part-time work? try http://web.scioto.net/jtesta That is also the place to find the FREE, "how do I build a second, third, etc, instance, without using oracle's installer, database scripts.
Look for me on IRC on the DALnet network in #oracle-dba, want to know more about IRC go to www.dal.net
ICQ UIN: 2814105

--------------08017A9D5BFC4FC6B8CB63B1

begin:          vcard
fn:             Joseph S. Testa
n:              Testa;Joseph S.
org:            Origin Technology in Business
email;internet: jtesta_at_blah.blah
title:          Oracle DBA
note:           Oracle DBA in central Ohio and doing geneaology research on Testa family
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard