Performance Under Auditing

From: Andrew Lomas <lomasa_at_bigpond.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

We are using Oracle 7.1.6 on Dec Alpha and are considering using system object auditing to check if a number of tables in our production system are in use. It is belived that these tables are not used so the level of audit activity should be very low (zero if we have correctly identified the unused tables).

What is the performance impact of switching the auditing facility on ? (% decrease)

Does this affect non audited objects ? (if so by how much, % decrease)

Please copy any replies to lomasa_at_bigpond.com as well as this newsgroup as I don't manage to connect very often.

Cheers
Andy Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT