Re: ODBC 3.0 vs. Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver -- Help!

From: Gary England <gengland_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: 1997/09/09

Mike White wrote:

> "Bryan C. Everly" <bceverly_at_softart.com> wrote:
>
> We've had good luck with the Intersolve drivers. You can download
> demo versions from their web site.
>
> >I have a tiny little ODBC program that I have written with Visual C++ 5.0
> >and am running fine against Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 on a single NT
> >machine. However, when I try to run the same program against Oracle 7.3 or
> >Sybase 11.0.2 (using the vendor-supplied ODBC drivers), it throws an
> >exception during SQLConnect() when the userid and password are invalid.

> >1. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

> >2. Does anyone have a solution?

> >Thanks in advance,

> >Bryan Everly
> >bceverly_at_softart.com
>
> Mike White
> The Image Consulting Group
> mwhite_at_icgconsulting.com

I have not had good luck with the Intersolv drivers. They are not multi-thread until version 3.0, and a copy for NT is $5,000.

There are some syntax differences between SQL Server and ORACLE since one is ANSI and the other is not.

I may be missing something. Should you not get an error when the userid and password are invalid?

Gary Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT