ODBC 3.0 vs. Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver -- Help!

From: Bryan C. Everly <bceverly_at_softart.com>
Date: 1997/09/01

I have a tiny little ODBC program that I have written with Visual C++ 5.0 and am running fine against Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 on a single NT machine. However, when I try to run the same program against Oracle 7.3 or Sybase 11.0.2 (using the vendor-supplied ODBC drivers), it throws an exception during SQLConnect() when the userid and password are invalid.

  1. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
  2. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Everly
bceverly_at_softart.com Received on Mon Sep 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT