Re: Oracle 8 to Oracle 7.x Export - Import

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: 1997/09/08

Darren:

We are wish to try this experiment of taking the Oracle 8 export file and imprting it into an Oracle 7.1 DB. We are running OpenVMS 6.2 with Oracle 7.1 on an Alpha 8400 and Oracle 8.0 on Sun with DEC Unix.

I need clarification on :

>> basically run catexp7.sql

Is the catexp7.sql file located on the computer running Oracle 8 or the Computer running Oracle 7 ?

Do you execute this file after the 7 export takes place ?

>>and then run O7 Export against the O8 database.

How do you "run the O7 Export against the 08 database ? How does the 08 export data get into the 07 DB ?

What are the exact steps ?