Re: Oracle 8 to Oracle 7.x Export - Import

From: Darren Mallette <khs_rider.mapson_at_.geocities.com>
Date: 1997/09/05

Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu> wrote:

>I have a few questions related to the new release of Oracle:
>
>Can Oracle:
> 7.1
> 7.2
> 7.3
>export files be imprted into an Oracle 8 DB ?

Yes. I found a quirk though -- if you have CHAR fields, they'll get converted to VARCHAR2 by IMP8.

>Can Oracle 8 export files be imported into an Oracle:
> 7.1 DB
> 7.2 DB
> 7.3 DB

Yes. See the documentation for details, but you basically run catexp7.sql and then run O7 Export against the O8 database.

-Darren

Darren Mallette
www.geocities.com/HotSprings/7490 Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT