This SHOULD be easy --SCRIPT woes

From: Jason Berryhill <jasonb_at_stormnet.com>
Date: 1997/09/07

ORACLEites:

PLEASE help. I am running 7.3.2.2.0 on HP-UX 10.10 I have a newly hand-created database. I need to run the catalog.sql, the catproc.sql and various other scripts to get my database going properly.

I can't seem to run the scripts. When I run from line mode server manager the error I get is Bad sql statement. I doesn't seem to understand that I am trying to run a sql script. The same is true of sql*plus.

I tried ruuning the script catalog.sql from the command line as such:

        $svrmgrl command=@rdbms/admin/catalog.sql

Here is the result:
((98) similar lines as follows)

rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[99]: create:  not found
rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[101]: create:  not found
rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[101]: syntax error at line 102 : `from'
unexpected
mammoth /oracle/COB1>

        I am beyond my understanding here. Someone, please help if you can.

Thank you so much in advance.
Jason Berryhill

=Web Site: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~speck =
=email: speck_at_ecst.csuchico.edu =