Re: This SHOULD be easy --SCRIPT woes

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_it.camcnty.no-spam.gov.uk>
Date: 1997/09/08

Jason Berryhill <jasonb_at_stormnet.com> wrote:

> ... tried running ...
>
> $svrmgrl command=@rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
>
>Here is the result:
>((98) similar lines as follows)
>rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[99]: create: not found
>rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[101]: create: not found
>rdbms/admin/catalog.sql[101]: syntax error at line 102 : `from'
>unexpected

Hi,

I think what is happening is that your Unix environment is interpretting the @ as the "delete line" character, so anything preceding it is ignored. ( try typing stty -a at the $ prompt to see your character assignments ). So all Unix sees is "rdbms/admin/catalog.sql", which it interprets as a Unix script.

Sounds like you tried other things. Try running svrmgrl interactively as follows:

   >svrmgrl
   >connect internal
   >start rdbms/admin/catalog.sql

Note the use of the command "start" inside svrmgrl, instead of the @ sign, which might still get clobbered by the shell.

HTH. Dave.

--

To reply by email, remove the "no-spam" bit from my email address.