Re: Moving large databases

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/09/01

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 17:12:35 +0100, Jonathan Hunt <jonathan.hunt_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are planning to move a 80GB database from Pyramid Nile (Oracle 7.2.3)
>to a Alpha server (Oracle 7.2.3 or Oracle 7.3). We need to reduce the
>down time to a mininum during the move. I would like to know about any
>material that may dicusss such moves (I know there was a paper written
>by Churchill Insurance UK for similar size database move, But where I
>can get a copy of that paper).

You can find this paper at:

        http://www.churchill.co.uk/ioug2.html

The article is realy worth reading it. It covers exactly the topics you will be dealing with in the process of database move.

Reagards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Sep 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT