Re: Moving large databases

From: Oracle_man <r4bhead_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

Jonathan,

I've done multiple moves in the 250GB to 10TB range, and found that there is more than one way to skin an Oracle db.

In homogenous environments, it's easy. For instance using HP T520's all I had to do was harware mirror the disks, and use MC/Serviceguard, and do a failover.

For non heterogenous as in your case, exports and import could do the job, but I'd also take a look at replication and snapshot stuff.

Hope this helps,

rich headrick
Sr. Oracle DBA/Web Admin.

ps. will consult more if necessary.