Re: Hanging wrb processes (Webserver)

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1997/08/18

In article <EF3ny6.IuE_at_cwi.nl> Kees van 't Hoff, keesh_at_cwi.nl writes:
>I seem to recall that in any case lacking "commit"s seem to cause a
>wrb process to keep the connection open. Is this correct?

I don't know what was said last time, but under OWS 2.1, if the client clicks "stop" during a download, the wrb process won't terminate. This seems to have no adverse effects, aside from taking up an entry in the unix process table (and possibly also one database session). I reload my web listener every night, and that cleans up these dead processes.

Does anybody know if this is fixed in OWS 3.0?

Copyright 1997 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.