Optimizer Mode

From: Ivan Boesing <boesing_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/08/14

Hi Oracle gurus,

     I recently changed the optimizer mode of my database. I collect statistics with the analyze command for some tables (about 10). The optimizer works fine with this tables and statistics.

     Howewer, I have some doubts. Do I collect statistics for each table in database?? If so, how can I do it automatically (or I have do it manually, table per table). I should do this by a midnight script, but for every new table I would need to update the script..... By other hand, if statistics are necessary just for the most used tables I can collect it manually, but if the table change in size so frequently how the optimizer will work?

     Sumarizing, how can I proceed with statistics and cost based optimization method?

Thanks in advance

Ivan Boesing
boesing_at_geocities.com Received on Thu Aug 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT