Re: Moving Datafiles

From: John Li <johnli_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: 1997/08/13

Is it possible to recreate the control file with the new locations of the data files?

ie. after connecting as internal, run "alter database backup controlfile to trace". This will create a .trc file in the log directory. Can I then edit this file after moving the data file/s and then use this file to recreate the control file?

I have only tried this method to increate the value of maxdatafiles but not to relocate datafiles and I've always wonder whether it can be done that way.

John Received on Wed Aug 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT