Re: Install Problems on HPUX

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/08/11

Kendall Willets (TV DBA) <willetsk_at_wellsfargo.com> wrote:

: Kurt Maciej wrote:

: >
: > To All:
: >
: > I am trying to install 7.3.2.3 on HP/UX and having no success.
: > I am getting the error: "User Interface Failure: Window System
: > Startup." Then the installation is aborted. I am running
: > X11R5 and my version of HP/UX is 10.2. Any ideas?
: >

: Sound like your DISPLAY is not set or your X server isn't accepting the
: connection.  Try running xclock, etc. to see if your environment is
: working.

    If it still fails, you don't have to use nice GUI version of installer,     even though it will certainly be easier on a newbie :).

    The character version can be started with /c option if I'm right     and it has all the functionality of GUI version .

    Rashid. Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT