Re: Install Problems on HPUX

From: Judie Stroup <judie.stroup_at_lmco.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

Rashid KArimov wrote:

> Kendall Willets (TV DBA) <willetsk_at_wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> : Kurt Maciej wrote:
> : >
> : > To All:
> : >
> : > I am trying to install 7.3.2.3 on HP/UX and having no success.
> : > I am getting the error: "User Interface Failure: Window System
> : > Startup." Then the installation is aborted. I am running
> : > X11R5 and my version of HP/UX is 10.2. Any ideas?
> : >

> : Sound like your DISPLAY is not set or your X server isn't accepting the
> : connection. Try running xclock, etc. to see if your environment is
> : working.
>
> If it still fails, you don't have to use nice GUI version of installer,
> even though it will certainly be easier on a newbie :).
>
> The character version can be started with /c option if I'm right
> and it has all the functionality of GUI version .
>
> Rashid.

There was a known bug with the Motif installer that was resolved via a kernel patch to the operating system. Of course, I was running HPUX 10.10 with Oracle 7.3.2.3 so don't know if its the same problem. Call support or check out Metalink for more info. Good luck. Received on Fri Aug 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT