sqldba startup problem

From: Noorazmi Abdul-Aziz <noorazmi_at_kuala-lumpur.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: 1997/07/30

I've dropped a project using 'drop user dbname cascade' and manually deleted all the associated files. In sqldba (oracle 7.2) I tried to shutdown the instance but got an error message, so I used shutdown abort instead. Now I cannot startup my instance at all.

>startup ORACLE instance started.

Database mounted.
ORA-01122: database file 9 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 9:
'..<snipped>../db/DBNAME_INDEX'
Attempting to dismount database........Database dismounted.
Attempting to shutdown instance........ORACLE instance shut down.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Noorazmi Abdul-Aziz
azmi_aziz_at_hotmail.com Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT