Re: sqldba startup problem

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

Hi Noorazmi,

I am afraid that what you have done could be pretty serious depending on the surrounding cicumstances. Manually deleting Oracle datafiles is definately NOT the thing to do.

If you can be sure that the datafile you deleted only conatained data for the user you deleted it may be possible to get the database back up by issuing the following

>startup mount;

>alter database datafile 'file_name' offline drop;

>alter database open;

If this doesn't work you will have to resort to recovery I'm afraid (I can help you with this if you are not familiar with it)

There may also be a couple of other things to do but I would need more information about your setup (e.g. Number of projects, Location of tablespaces, which project is using which tablespace) before making any more recommendations.

Regards,

Ian Cary Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT