Re: svrmgrl returns errors on startup

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/07/30

The problem could be that the SGA lock file, sgadef<sid>.ora, that ORACLE creates on database startup and *removes* on database shutdown, was not removed (probably because of a system crash that shut down ORACLE unexpectedly). If this is the case, remove it manually (I believe it is located in the same directory as the init<sid>.ora parameter file). After that, you should be able to start up the instance. Note that this is valid for UNIX OS only.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu