Reset "need recovery" status of SYSTEM

From: Jay Ramadorai <jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com>
Date: 1997/07/26

I have a crashed database from which the only thing I have remaining are the system.dbf file (the SYSTEM tablespace datafile) and a controlfile. I need to somehow extract all the source code for procedures, packages and functions out of the system.dbf file. The file needs recovery. I have no logs to use for recovery.

I can start the instance and mount the database but cannot open it. There are no other datafiles referenced in the controlfile.

Is there any back-door way to change the SCN # or in some other way reset the status of the file such that Oracle does not think that it needs recovery? I have already tried
ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'IMMEDIATE TRACE NAME ADJUST_SCN LEVEL 1'  but this only results in an ora-600 internal error.

Jay Ramadorai
Software Builders Intl
Please respond to jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com Received on Sat Jul 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT