Re: Give ROOT account access to SQLDBA (connect internal)

From: Byron Pearce <bpearce_at_csac.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

Jeff Shervey wrote:

> I think I've seen this posted before..but here goes:
>
> I'm running DEC UNIX and need the ROOT account to have access to
> SQLDBA
> utility:
>
> sqldba lmode=y
> connect internal;
> password:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> It prompts me for a password when connecting internal. I added the
> root
> account to the UNIX dba group.
>
> Jeff S.
>
> --
> My famous quote while canoeing in Canada last
> year "Whether we stay or go, either way, we die"
> Jeff Shervey - Oracle/Ingres DBA
> Landis and Staefa
> Buffalo Grove, IL

I haven't worked on Digital Unix (it was called Ultrix back then) for about four years. However, I seem to recall this same issue. Something

in the Install Guide about root not being able to be a member of the DBA

group. You might check there.

I will try this same trick on HP-UX to see what happens there.

Byron Pearce                         mailto:bpearce_at_csac.com
Systems Consultant                   http://www.csac.com
Computer Systems Authority (CSA)     Dallas, Texas

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."