Re: OracleService is not started on NT???

From: Nathan Hughes <nhughes_at_cerberus.umd.umich.edu>
Date: 1997/07/21

Jane Mikityanskaya <jane_at_hnrc.tufts.edu> writes:

>My Oracle 7.3 WS on NT is down. I've been using it for several month and
>all of a sudden ...
>when I booted NT Server up, I do not even see any OracleService in a
>NT list of Services.
>Nothing has been done to NT or Oracle servers configuration.
>Please, help!! Any idea will be very welcome.

I'm sure you've checked to make sure the services aren't just shut down in the NT control panel.

The why of this I can't help you with - but you can easily recreate the services using oradim73. :

This command will create the OracleServiceSID and OracleStartSID services. Start them up, connect with svrmgrl, mount the database, and away you go. (You can also run oraclestartsid to do this automatically, but after a "fluke", I like to do it manually. At least for the first time).

HTH.

--
/(o\ Nathan D. Hughes
\o)/ nhughes_at_umich.edu