Re: Netware Vs NT with Oracle

From: Thor HW <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: 1997/07/21

I'm definitely NOT a Netware fan ... but Novell is bundling Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 into their next release of Internetware. So I doubt that Oracle products wont show up here.

As far as speed goes ... it is undisputed that on a similar machine it is

	Netware
	NT
	OS/2

in that order.
This is due to Netware not doing the same timeslicing that NT and Unix do. I also find it EXTREMELY useful to be able to run applications directly on the server, especially utilities that I write. You can't do this on Novell unless you want to buy their NLM kit $$$$ and are willing to learn how to write an NLM and understand the ring levels you can run at (or possibly not;^).

Futures/present from Oracle such as Reports/Graphics Server and WEBForms ... I wouldn't bet money on seeing those on Novell, so your options can become limited.
Thor HW

Neil Butterton <neilb_at_missing-link.co.uk> wrote in article
<5r032l$oss_at_ibm1.missing-link.co.uk>...